Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Vendors

Everyone has been asking about my different vendors so I figured I would blog about them! Sorry I'm long winded! I just have some great people to rave about! Only a few rants lol! Most of the titles are links to the website of the vendor. Enjoy!

Photographer- Rebel with a Camera - Travis Gagnon- He was absolutely spectacular! I adore my photos and he blended in with the crowd so well! He is on the expensive side but in my opinion was the best purchase we made! We received an
  • Engagement Shoot with photo release,
  • all day wedding coverage with photo release with 2 photographers and a helper
  • 10x10 photo album,
  • 10x12 proof book.
The photo release is key! We can share our photos however we choose! And they came on a DVD so they were easy to upload and will be easy to keep! The Photo Album is going to be beautiful and the Proof book is really neat! It has all the pictures printed with their photo numbers underneath! It also has a photo cover and back! It makes a neat second album
Venue- Angel Mountain- We feel truly lucky to have gotten married here! Bo's mother Teri and her best friend Linda bought the venue in January and completely remodeled it! They did an unbelievable job! Its a beautiful Location in the hills of Bastrop! Surrounded by Pine Trees it feels like its own little sanctuary. They worked tirelessly to get the location perfect for our wedding and they truly went above and beyond! It was so personal and special I couldn't have asked for a more memorable location!

Catering- Cypress Grill- Bo and I debated ALOT about what to do for food. At one point we had this Barbecue across Texas idea then a crawfish boil the list just was insane! When we really sat down to think about it we talked about our favorite places to eat. We LOVE cypress grill!! We eat there all the time! Its right by our house! It has a great atmosphere and the food is awesome! I could not be happier with them! The owner was SO extremely helpful! He went above and beyond!! We got the food and bartenders from there and it was all excellent! They cleaned up without anyone even noticing! Truly impressive! We thought that it was just something different and fun for a wedding! Not many people are exposed to Cajun food! So we brought them into our love! It is in Bo's heritage!

Cake/Cupcakes- Sweet Tempered- A big Thanks goes out to Preston for helping me win this fight lol! We debated back and forth on making cupcakes or ordering them! Well I am SOOOOO happy that we ordered them! Not only were they delicious but I didn't have to spend a whole day baking them lol! I have always wanted a cupcake tree for my wedding so it was perfect! For Bo's Grooms cake (southern tradition) he decided to go with an Aston Martin Emblem! Since he just started working there and adores the cars it fit! It was really cool! However no one ate it except us! No one went and cut the cake up so no one ate it! I still don't
know what happened to it after the wedding??hummm lol! The bakery is right around the corner from our house so it was also nice to support a local business!

Flowers- Bouquets of Austin- They were great! When I went in for my consultation I didn't know what I wanted except No roses, No Daisy's, and that I loved hydrangeas! However, by the time I left I felt as if my entire wedding was complete and fabulous! They were so helpful! They really asked those leading questions to get to every point of you wedding! I had no idea how I wanted my centerpieces to look but I knew I wanted the candles and the gold chargers. They said to just add the blue I LOVED my bouquet and my bridesmaids were cute but apparently the blue hydrangeas die faster than the rest lol! The arc was spectacular! The Boutonnieres looked great I was just really impressed!


Aisle Runner- Chic Unique Inc-
I found these online and just fell in love with them! It was soo beautiful! However they do have tricky pricing! Turned out to be twice as much but I still think it was worth it! The only down side was that since it was ivory I was extremely picky about people not walking on it before the wedding but after it got trampled! I originally planned a few photos with the isle runner but the ceremony site already had been transformed to the reception site and thankfully Kelly and Meagan saved it! I am hoping to have the end of it be the middle of a quilt one day!

Dress- Unbridaled-I went to many locations to find "THE DRESS". So many of them insisted on them picking out your dresses and then actually putting them on you! Uncomfortable lol! Unbridadled is completely different! They are located in a really cute house! You walk in and its just a breath of fresh air! They let you look through their collection and you turn out dresses in their racks and they will place them in a dressing room for you. No pressure just you get to look at your own leisure it was great! I found a dress from Venus bridals and loved it! However a couple of weeks later I decide that I didn't love the bottom of my dress! SOOO I turned to a seamstress! Cotures by Laura but I was too scared to ask her to redo it! So she hemmed it and made it fit. Then i turned to a friends mom Mrs. Lott and she completely understood what I was looking for and did an amazing job! She turned the bottom into more of a mermaid skirt and added some poof at the bottom! It was more than I could have asked for! LOVE LOVE! The veil from Davids Bridal really topped it off beautifully! It had some scattered pearls and I loved it!

Hair- Cobalt Blue-
I adored my hair! The hair stylist did a great job! All I said was make me look like I have hair lol! And with a little help from some fake hair I did!! The atmosphere was nice! I was soo relaxed and just had fun! They did also do my make up but I'm very particular about it so I ended up re-doing it afterwards! Overall very pleased! However there were some downers! Rheannons hair was indescribable! Horrid! They just teased it and sprayed it! So we went home and combed it out and pulled it back! Katy's hair was interesting..like a doam... Miranda, Kristin and Megan had great 1/2 up 1/2 down hair! Also Reese and Mom had matching princess hair that looked nice as well. I was just so upset about Rheannon's hair and it made us late that day which threw things off and into a kinda crazy tail spin! But I LOVED my hair lol!

Programs- Antonia Rose Printing- Sooo at first everything was great! They did a great design I was sooo happy! Then I got my shipment and it was regular programs not program fans! Thankfully they agreed to reprint them at no cost to me and they came a couple days later! I did have to assemble the fans myself but it was easy! I just did a couple each night watching TV! The biggest advice I have for these is that you do not need to order them for your entire guest list! We threw away so many and it just broke my heart! Part of it was my House Party was more needed helping me than passing them out lol but also we just had too many! However for a Texas Wedding the fans really helped! It was only in the 80's but it sure felt hotter lol!

Rentals- Austin party Central-
I cannot say enough about them! Lydia was amazing! She really pulled my ideas together! They worked with our budget and were just overall so helpful! They were able to drop off on Thursday and pick up on Monday which was nice! We rented: tables, chairs, linens, champagne glasses and so on! We also rented from them for the Rehearsal dinner and it was great!
Suit Rentals-Tuxedo Junction- The boys did look nice but not without some problems lol! Bo absolutely hated his suit. He said it felt cheap and that the tie was too short and it didn't
fit. So we went and bought him a suit at Macys! The Groomsmen however wore the suits. A couple had to be safety pinned into their suits and they all pretty much refused to take off their jackets but I thought they all looked handsome!
Bridesmaid Dresses- Davids Bridal- These lovely ladies sported Olivine Dresses from Davids Bridal. Rheannon went with me to help pick them! I think they all looked beautiful! The only problem I have is with their alterations department. Not from my wedding but from others they are just too expensive and its just a mess! Other than that I got great service from them and I think the girls looked beautiful!
Music- Miranda and David- They sang "I will be here" by Steven Curtis Chapman. It has always been one of my favorite songs and Miranda was always my favorite singer! When we lived together at Baylor she sang me to sleep so many times lol! They did a beautiful job! I have heard nothing but raving compliments about them! Thanks guys!! You did a beautiful job!
Minister- Greg Lanier- He was a high school friend of Linda and Teri's. He did an amazing job!

Beer-North by Northwest- During the whole planning process we decided to showcase things that we loved! We LOVE North by Northwest beer! They are a restaurant and a brewery! We showcased the Duckabish Amer (my fav!), the Irish Stout and their Northern Light. All I heard were compliments!
Wine- Bought at Spec's- We had a great guy helping us and we chose for our red- Baritone Maxim Cabernet Shiraz 2004. We love blends and thought it was excellent. For our white we choose- Ashwood Grove Chardonnay 2005. Which was also really nice! We had champagne but I could not tell you what it was! We have at least 6 bottles of each downstairs lol! One of the few things we liked having left overs of! lol!

Table Numbers- Proudly made by me using my Cricut! Those things are SO cool! Teri got me the small version for Christmas and I love it! I am trying to figure out more that I can use it for! I want to get the vynal so that I can make stickers or stencils and such!! SOOO neat

Flower pomander balls- lol if that is their official name! I made these as well! You just need lots of fake Hydraenas, flower pins, ribbon and a styrafoam ball! They were fun to make and added a cute touch to the aisle! After the wedding apparently mom just gave them all away lol! Which I guess is fine I dont really need them it was just kind of random!
Flower Wreaths- Also made by me! Teri Taught me how to make them and we made three! Just the same as the flower pomander balls! I'm not sure what happened to those either after the wedding I'm sure mom gave them away! I was just happy they were displayed! I was putting on my make up and discovered them in the closet! I dont know who i tossed them to but I was frantic trying to get them out so that they could be displayed lol!
Champagne Glasses and Knife set- Davids Bridal- Suprised! So was I! Teri and I found them there and she generously bought them for us! They were beautiful and will be cherished for a long time! I took them to Things Remembered and had all of them Engraved. The Double hearts and special to Bo and I. The first ring he bought me was a promise ring with two entwined hearts. (which i still wear and probably wont come off my finger lol) We have always been great friends and well as being loves! He told me that our hearts were always meant to be as one....aww I know! So I was happy to find that design and include it
Favors- M&M's- Well this was a battle I lost lol! I didnt want favors thought they were a waste of money. Well I was kinda right since they never got put out lol! A big thanks to Ron for putting together 1/2 of them! And when we ran out of Blue and Green M&M's Rheannon and Ron looked all over austin to find more! lol Thanks guys! Sorry if you didnt get any!

Rings- Jared Galeria of Jewlery- Bo's is a Tungsten ring with carbon fiber in the middle. Perfect for any car guy! Mine goes around both sides of my ring. Very sparklie!
Garter- Al's formal wear- I thought the garter was a pretty silly thing! But when I found one that I knew Bo would Love i had to get it! Of course its a UT garter! lol! He really appreciated it! especially since I didnt let burnt orange be one of our colors lol!
Fireworks- Sparklers- Not sure where Bo got them...somewhere online! But they really made a perfect exit!

Limo- a Friend was kind enough to give us the Limo as his wedding present! It was perfect!


Hope yall enjoyed! Took me a while but being unemployed gives you lots of extra time lol!! Keep your fingers crossed for a job soon!! Have a great one! Meagans wedding is this weekend and I am SOOOO PUMPED! Its going to be amazing!!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Great review! I loved Angel Mtn, what a beautiful spot! Your dress was amazing, the wedding party looked gorgeous, and the song (and Miranda & David) was wonderful! The pics turned out great, I love that they capture everything so well. Maybe I can sit down with you soon and look at the proof book again and let you know which ones I want on a disc? I want to have plenty of time to look through them. :) Love you!