Thursday, April 23, 2009

Firefly Lane


I just finished reading Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah and just had to write about it! I loved this book! It is about two friends growing up together through the 70's, 80's, 90's and today! It is a truly heartfelt story! Its one of those few books that brings tears to my eyes! The last one was P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern. Another great book! If you saw the movie yes its good, but the book is life changing! Anyways I highly recommend it! Its not only a neat journey but also gives insight to motherhood, married life and friendships that last.

As for the job search I put in my General Application to Eanes ISD and Lake Travis ISD. I am working on my Hays ISD and will hopefully finish that tomorrow. The way you apply is so stange. You put in a general application to the district...then what! I am thinking that I may try to personally go to the schools and introduce myself to the principles. I just worry that TAKS is next week and with the upcoming end of school that they are super busy! The last thing I want to do is be in the way! I just don't know how else to make my application stand above the rest! No matter where I get my job I will work harder than most will to be an amazing teacher!! I just need that first job to prove myself!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Do you still have that book? I'd love to borrow it--sounds great! Good luck with the apps--lots of leg work on your end but I know it will all work out! xoxo