Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Student Teaching/Vegas/ AHHH

Well the past week and 1/2 have just been CRAZY BUSY!!! Let me start off by saying that I absolutely LOVE teaching and am so excited to get my own classroom and just teach these students everyday!! Eanes is amazing! I love the students and the programs they are using there are wonderful! Of course I have been asking everyone about getting hired here and tips and pretty much everyone goes well.... it happens but it doesn't. Pretty much saying that it is going to be a struggle! So I am a fighter! I love this district and will do anything to stay there!

For the first week and 2 days i was in Mrs. Oates room for 1/2 the day and my classroom the other 1/2. I rotated morning and afternoon so that i could see all aspects of both classrooms. It was absolutely fascinating for me! Mrs. Oates is an outstanding teacher! I see her style being very similar to mine. Controlled, step by step, and consistent! She is just great and i have already taken over 20 pages of notes just by observing how she works her classroom. Having my CT out this week has been sad but i have made it into a positive. I have learned so much and gotten to know the entire 1st grade team really well and see them teach! Its just unbelievable how much i feel i have learned from these amazing teachers in 7 days!! It makes me extremely excited to see what i will know by the end of the semester!!!

I did get to met my CT today!! She is amazing as well!! She kept saying how frazzled she felt from being away for 9 days but I still thought she did great! It was just amazing to see the students focus and drive to work hard while she was there! She has such a clam voice, I am really going to need to work on that lol! SO anyways! I love it more than anything! I am learning so much and can't wait to dive in and really get started! the sub let me help out a lot but I am just going to have to feel out my CT to see how things really go in her class lol! I am sending home my letter to the parents tomorrow!! Hopefully everyone will like it! The parents I've met so far have been great and don't seem concerned about me being there! I think this semester is just going to be amazing! Yes i am there from 7:15 till 5 but it is so worth it! Working at Third Base on the weekends is going to be the hard part! Who cares about a Sports Bar when your teaching the most precious students all week!

Ok so Vegas was AMAZING!!! Once we got Bo to his 5 dollar craps tables everyone was happy lol!! I can't wait to go back!! The one thing about Vegas is that it really lets you know that you don't have money lol! I consider myself pretty fortunate! But everything there is insanely expensive!!! 20 dollar cover, 50 dollars for 4 drinks, dinners it was just crazy! But we had a great time celebrating Alex's birthday!!!

After working all day Bo and I left Friday at 6pm and got to Vegas at 10pm (their time is 2 hours later than ours btw that was fun lol!) We stayed out until 3am which was more like 5am our time!! It was a long day!! Especially since i was at school at 7:10 that morning!! AHH So anyways! That night we just walked around a lot did some video poker just exploring! Saturday we actually woke up at like 9am! We went to Hoover dam, then shopping at the fashion show mall, then to Bo's cheap casino for his 5 dollar tables! Which was great!! He won a descent amount of money and taught us all how to pay craps!! That night we checked into our Hilton Sweet and it was very sweet lol! We got all dolled up for Alex's birthday night! We ate at Firefly a tapas place that was great! Then went to Crave which was a gay bar but super fun (except the 20 dollar cover lol) However the smoke there just killed me!! So Bo and I left and walked outside for some fresh air! When we were trying to find a cab we stumbled across the Planet Hollywood Hotel/Casino! We had walked through tons of hotel/casinos on Friday but i really liked PH just a really modern feel. While we were walking around we found a karaoke area! Very funny!! Then went back to the Hilton to play craps some more but they raised the tables so we just did some more video poker until about 2am. The next morning we packed up went to lunch at Red, White and Blue then flew home!! Very short but exhausting trip!! I can't wait to go back!!!

The group on Friday night after our 19 hour day!! Most of which for me was spent in heels OUCH!!
The Girls for Alex's Birthday dinner. They are hardcore and were taking shots at the Hotel before we left!! I could hardly drink the whole trip b/c i had so many dang allergies!!!
The boys! And yes Bo insisted on wearing his "Vegas" glasses the entire time lol!
Bo and I before going out
Us at Hoover Dam! We were the only ones who got our transformers jokes....nerds lol
Ryan actually took this picture!! It's amazing!!!
Bo itching to get to those craps tables!!
We just had a great time!!!

The last thing is my AHHH not only am I crazy busy but i found out today that do to a mis-communication on how funds were being transferred and when the stock would be sold I have lost $1,000 in my wedding budget! It was going to be a struggle to keep in under 10 thousand but now 9! I am just freaking out!! I know that it won't matter in the end! Its just hard not to obsess about the details! I just need to focus on what really matters that day! So deep breaths and pray that everything will turn out okay!!! I know this has been a long entry!! Hopefully I will be able to update more and then they won't be a book long lol! Have a great one!!!

1 comment:

randamocity said...

it looks like you had a great time in vegas! i'm so glad you're enjoying teaching too, i knew you'd be perfect at it :D

i'll be praying for peace for you in the whole wedding planning business. let me know if you need ANY help, i'll be there for you. lovie love you!!